Friday 27 May 2011

UPDATE: today is a week after the sale. Forgot to finish this post, so I’ll be posting it now.

I am so excited. Why you might ask? Today is May 20th. May 20th equals Holt Renfrew's Last Call Clearance. In less than two hours I will be sorting through racks upon racks of designer clothing discounted to 80% off the last ticketed price. Last year during the sale I spotted a pair of jewel turquoise loose fitting pants by Marc Jacobs, and I decided to put them down. After a while I regretted it so I came back to the sale literally two days later, and all that was left was the aftermath of countless bargain shoppers (like myself) searching for the best steals. What I mean by this is that a whole stores inventory was reduced to a few small racks in the middle of the store, while the sale still had a week left ahead of it. Needless to say, the pants were nowhere to be found. However, this year, I am not going to let anything slip away. I am young, without a job, and I am also going to university next year, which are exactly the reasons that I don't get the chance to shop very often. So when I do get the opportunity to shop, I take it. So this year I decided to go the first day the sale started instead of waiting until the middle when nothing is left. And I’m lucky I did. The store was swarmed with women holding piles of clothes. I really thought I was going to luck out, but the selection was sort of grim. Basically, everything was either too small or too big, or just unrealistic to wear.

My favorite purchase of the day would have to be a mirror brooch by Marc Jacobs with black scratched paint etched on top. Okay, that sounds like a piece of junk, but here is a picture to help you visualize. I just love it.


Also, I bought these One Teaspoon leather shorts, and I wish I hasn't. I actually have nothing to wear with them.
And this DVF top. Which is my new all time favourite. I just love the contrasting textures of matted sequin and velvet and silk panels.


No comments:

Post a Comment