Monday 21 February 2011

Please, let me be the first to announce that Christopher Bailey is a god. I just finished watching Burberry's runway show for their Autumn/Winter 2011 collection and I am seriously dying over it. Really, my jaw actually just hit the floor; that's how much I love it. So, everyone (at least I hope) knows that Burberry is iconic for their take on the classic trench, but this season they chose to go a bit edgier; studs and metallic galore. I was pretty much on cloud nine when I saw this gorgeous piece come down the runway:


(Please try not to drool all over your keyboard, thank-you)

To be completely honest, I thought that the whole 'biker-leather-chic' look was sort of 2010, and that high-street had sort of overproduced the look. Like, once something is on the racks of Giant Tiger, it's pretty much over. But kudos to Christopher for reviving the label's approach to the classic British jacket and successfully carrying out the studded look into 2011! I'd wear this any day.

3 comments: