Friday 3 June 2011

I see fashion as an art form, you know? A way of self-expression. I think that's where many people get confused, 

There are materialistic people out there who buy things for the sake of having/flaunting it, or even for the sake of spending money (I guess this coincides with a sort of status symbol, you know? like 'ooh I have THIS bag, therefore I am better than you' type of thing).

Then there are people out there, who use fashion as a way to express themselves, their feelings and ideas. Just as a painter, writer or musician would. 
Nobody said you had to spend a lot of money for the sake of fashion. You don't even have to necessarily wear what's 'on-trend' or of a certain label/brand/designer. 


I think Yves Saint Laurent made a valid point when he said, “fashions fade, style is eternal.” You can't buy style, you either have it or you don't.

YSL

1 comment:

  1. Amazing blog !!!

    http://www.trendin.com/content/gosf-14

    ReplyDelete